The data items in the new CCSS are important for child care providers, CCS software providers and the Department of Education and Training, helping to identify different individuals and their authority within the system.
Below is a list of the data items in the new IT system and why they’re important. A more detailed account of these data items can be found on the Department of Education and Training website.
A List of the Data Items
- PRODA RA for Individuals – PRODA RA numbers are unique to each child care worker individual and are used to add personnel into the CCS IT software.
- PRODA Organisation ID – PRODA organisation IDs are unique numbers that identify specific organisations and can only be obtained by those linked to the organisation.
- Device Name – The device name is also sometimes referred to as a unique or software instance name. It is the name of the device or software instance that the user assigns for software activation.
- Activation Code – An activation code is issued to the provider’s chosen person during device registration in PRODA. This is used to connect CCS IT Software with your organisation and the CCSS.
- CCS Person ID – Unique to each individual, a CCS Person ID is generated when a childcare worker has been successfully added into one of the personnel roles.
- CCS Provider ID (CRN) – Unique to each provider, the CCS Provider ID will identify providers to the Department of Education and Training when they are communicating through the software.
- CCS Service ID (CRN) – Unique to each service, the CCS Service ID will identify services to the Department of Education and Training when they’re communicating through the software.
For help understanding these terms, get in touch with KidsXap on 1300 543 792 today, or research further here.